Frequently Asked Questions
1. What airport should I fly to?
- When making travel arrangements, please book your flights to either O'Hare International Airport (ORD) or Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW) as these two airports will be the easiest to pick you up from.
2. Will I be able to stay before or after conference dates?
As per diocesan rules, Chicago MTC youth fellowship is only responsible to accommodate conference delegates from Thursday to Sunday (July 26-29). Any travel arrangements made outside of that time frame will be considered on a case by case basis with the conference committee.
- If you are traveling for Urban Missions, Chicago MTC youth fellowship will provide transportation from Urban Missions to the conference site.
3. What should I bring to conference?
- First and foremost, please bring a PHYSICAL BIBLE to conference. We will be checking for this at check-in!
LINENS FOR BEDDING & TOWELS WILL BE PROVIDED.
- Appropriate attire for conference and Sunday service - MANDATORY.
- Athletic wear and clothes for organized free time. You may get wet!
- Closed toed shoes for community service - MANDATORY.
- Any toiletries & personal medications.
4. How are tracks being organized this year?
- We ask that you look over our tracks page which can be found by clicking here. Read over each description carefully. Then, while registering please choose which one you would liek to attend between Christian Apologetics or Refugees and Mission of God, the other two will be mandatory. Afterwards, submit your registration. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
5. Can I mail in a check for registration?
- All registration payments should be made online. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NOTE: You are not completely registered until we have received payment in full.
6. Will I get to pick my roommate for conference?
- You will not be able to pick roommates for DYFC 2018. Conference will be a time to meet new delegates from all across our diocese.
7. What will our living arrangements look like?
Delegates will be housed on campus in the Trinity University dorms. Two delegates to one room with community bathrooms per floor.
Delegates must stay in the campus dorms for the entire duration of conference. Staying in hotels or at others homes are not allowed.
8. Any age requirements to attend conference?
- Delegates must be 18 years or older to attend conference.
9. Where can I view conference rules and see the liability form?
Links to both the conference rules and liabilty form are located on the bottom of the about conference page.
10. Question: What are we doing for community service project?
Feed My Starving Children is a non-profit Christian organization that has volunteers pack meals for malnourished children. They ship these meals to about 70 countries around the world. We will be traveling to Feed My Starving Children to package meals.
For this project, it is mandatory that all delegates bring closed toe shoes.
11. I'm having trouble registering for conference.
Follow these directions to register for conference and it will be a breeze!
- Click registration tab
- Click on Register for conference
- Click add conference to cart
- Fill out the required fields and click add conference to cart
- Go to the top of page and click on the cart (small shopping bag icon)
- Click checkout and follow prompts
- You will recieve an email confirming you have registered!